Tango en las calles de la Boca

Tango en las calles de la Boca

03 July 2012

Medialuna Tap Out

I have officially done it. I have maxed myself out on medialunas.

This day, Nikki and I replayed our first real excursion in the city: a movie and Café de los Angelitos date on Avenida Rivadavia. We saw the documentary Parapolicia Negro, which was about the AAA, a terrorist group of commissioned persons organized to kill thousands of anti-government Argentines. Needless to say, the craze that we saw in the eyes of some of those interviewed, the fear portrayed, and the information revealed was so striking and it was most definitely an excellent film.

But what this entry is about are the medialunas I fell in love with the first time we went - as a class - to a movie and the café. I had three huge, sweet medialunas (which are basically croissants), and wanted three more.

Yesterday, I ordered three medialunas (smaller than those at Café de los Angelitos, but nevertheless large) at Calcio, which boasts to have the best in Buenos Aires. After, I felt so unwell and was alarmed at my lack of gluttony.

Today, I still was not in the mood for medialunas, but I was obligated to eat at least one because of the sweet memory. After one, I determined that yes, these were the best in Bs.As. (Café de los Angelitos > Calcio), but I also learned my resilience to eat 6 medialunas de manteca (butter) was gone; after one, I tapped out.

This was a sad day.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment