Tango en las calles de la Boca

Tango en las calles de la Boca

04 July 2012

Euphoria in Ecuador

To keep things short and sweet, just like my trip, I'll say I had the time of my life in Ecuador.

I was happy but plagued by the departure date.

What it made me learn is not to think about leaving so much, I'll stain the time I have.

Not to smile with the person I love while I'm frolicking all over Ecuador, hopping over to the Galapagos Islands and watching him play fĂștbol would be utmost depressing to me.

As short as the stay was, I saw Iguana Park in Guayaquil where there were iguanas for days; I swam with sharks, sea turtles, fish, a manta ray, a sting ray, pelicans and sea lions while snorkeling; I jumped off a 40-foot cliff into brackish water at Las Grietas after the expert of the jump showed me; I rode in the back of a taxi truck; I walked through the Charles Darwin Research Station and saw innumerable finches; I saw as the sun set on our last day the famous Blue-Footed Booby; I got sneezed on by a snotty sea lion; I laid down and lost time in Tortuga Bay's white sand; I walked up 444 stairs to the lighthouse in Guayaquil, and back down; and I spent the best week and a half of my year with Joseph Williams.

It pains me to lose that height of elation now, but I'll smile because it happened.

Some pictures...














Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment