Tango en las calles de la Boca

Tango en las calles de la Boca

08 May 2012

Get Your Lover!

Here in Buenos Aires you can get a lover anywhere - off the street, in the store, even in school!

I've already told the story of my "boyfriend" in Bariloche - the one working at the chocolate store giving out free samples... but today's is special too.

It started off yesterday when I was in school. I was climbing the stairs to the bathroom after class and I really had to go to the bathroom. I hear (sort of) the cht-cht *cat call* lip smack sound and don't really register it as an attention getter: consider it something like stimulus exhaustion. But I had my hand on the door handle to the bathroom and the guy calls "¡Che, tengo una pregunta!" So I'm thinking, this could be legitimate, but I'm about to go in the bathroom... . Whatever, so I turn and look; there are two guys walking down the stairs towards me and the one asks "¿cómo te llamas?". I was confused - I don't know the guy - so I was like, "¿quién, yo? Ángela..." definitely quizzically answered. He then proceeds to inquire about where I'm from and what my status is and if I want a boyfriend; "No thank you I have one" [I'm quite content]. Well, what about a lover here? He prompts me... . Uhh, thanks but no thanks?

I ended the conversation by smiling and saying, "I'm going to the bathroom now BYE!"

You can find them in school.

Or you can be enamored by the guy that blows you a kiss from his car as he drives by (Gee thanks my hair looks terrible, I'm going running and wearing sneakers, running shorts and a HUGE t-shirt.)

Or those two men driving the armored car that follows the guy that blew you a kiss by about 4 cars.

The catch is not to smile or play along, because they very well may stop and sweep you off your feet.

Now, if that's what you're looking for, welcome to Buenos Aires. You will thrive here.

For those of us that aren't, they make good stories. And make us realize how much we actually care about our significant others, no matter how far.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment