Tango en las calles de la Boca

Tango en las calles de la Boca

12 May 2012

All Hail THE BUS

One of my favorite things to do here is hail a bus. Especially if I'm the only one at the stop.

Last night, Nikki and I were coming home early from a birthday party in Palermo Soho and we were the only ones heading away from the nightlife.

We were waiting for the 59 in the chilly air, watching all the crazy taxi drivers whip around the corners and motorcyclists weaving in and out of cars, disregarding the lanes; then the wave of buses - 118, 118, 118, 57, 57, 55, 55, 55, 118, 141, 41, 141, 37.... ..... ..... hello 59??? They careened around the curve at full speed and a 5'3" girl can't stand a chance. Actually no one can. But here's what my favorite part is: the 59 came along too and in a FLASH my arm was out hailing that sucker. That speeding bus listened to MY COMMAND and slowed to stop and pick us up.

What's better than that is when you step out into the bus lane, hail the bus, and they flash their lights or do a little whistle song for you.

It makes me all excited.

Look at the power I wield! Muahaha. Now take me where I want to go.

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment