Tango en las calles de la Boca

Tango en las calles de la Boca

19 April 2012

Fiaca

There is this bout of laziness setting in; in lunfardo it's called fiaca; a lack of motivation to do anything; more specifically called senioritis. I simply do not have the drive to read forty pages of microbiology and teach myself about N-acetilglucosamina y N-acetilmurámico and which is present in Gram positive or Gram negative bacteria and their bonds with other carbohydrates and I don't even know what. Lucky for me I had no physiology homework, but I have to go buy Plato's Symposium (El Banquete) and sort of know what that's about for next week. Google serves me well to get the gist of things but knowing how things are said and what Eriximaco and Aristófanes each thought is important.

But again, I have mucha fiaca.


I'm almost at midterm week, so all you readers know what that's like. Unfortunately for me, most of you are cringing about final exams now, and I'm just mosying along in this semester. Today to distract me from my microbiology and ácidos teicoicos I started researching medical schools and their fast facts, because this early on in the game I still want to do research (no college-search burn out yet). And then I got scared and ran away to the shower, because the only other thing looking to catch me was... microbiology. (On top of everything, my teacher is cooky and she doesn't even use a microscope correctly.)

So back to the fiaca. My cycle will probably continue tonight, as I procrastinate and eat dinner, then facebook a little more; probably check some twitter, wait around for the Skype, instant message a little bit, look up fun things to do in the city and stay up until an un-Godly hour where I will then go to sleep, wake up at an un-Godly hour to go to class for an un-Godly amount of time. And be tired.

And still be no less lazy.

Welcome to the #doldrumsofthesemseter : they have dulce de leche.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment