Tango en las calles de la Boca

Tango en las calles de la Boca

02 March 2012

Subliminal Messages

Natalie Cole sang, "I was walking along, minding my business, when out of an orange colored sky..." yeah, yeah flashbamalakazam ... but it wasn't love that hit her in the eye, it was the BLATANT SEXUAL MESSAGE that did.

Emblazoned on t-shirts and sweaters are the most overt innuendos - as if the Argentine culture needs to advertise that any more than the couple at the corner of Zabala and Av. Luis María Campos did, thank you very much.

That got me started, and so I noticed quite a few shirts since that 11:30 AM view on Zabala and Av. Luis María Campos and I figured I could share a bit of the fashion here with you, if it interests you. After all, it is BAF (Buenos Aires Fashion Week!).

T-Shirts Spotted

A 30 year old man is "Searching for play tonight"

A 60 year old woman has "Sexy Lips"

A mannequin displays "SEX" in a store window

A 50+ year old woman says she's "DESI(RED)" -> I realize the US has these shirts too.

So I wish that I were humming a tune, drinking in sunshine, when out of that orange colored view, whambamalakazam I could get a look at you (click there for mi Fachero), but I have to hold out for that - sorry, Man searching for play.

I can't say that I'll ever purchase one of these shirts, but I'll definitely remember the openness of Argentine fashion, not to understate their openness of sexuality.

Angela

ps. Natalie, when get one look at him, I'll yell "Timber! WATCH OUT FOR FLYING GLASS!" Because you know the ceiling falls in and the bottom falls out; I'll go into a spin and I'll start to shout, "I've been hit! This is it! This is it!"

Hi Joey.

No comments:

Post a Comment